ummm....went to drop Josie off at preschool. I usually try and put her in something half-cute and make an attempt to brush her hair, and top it off with a bow or clip. (if momma can't look cute, I can at least project my put-together self of yesteryear onto my daughter, right?) Well, she wanted to dress herself this am. White jeans (we don't follow the no white after Labor Day in NB), a green tank top and Havianas. Umm.
Me: "Josie, honey, it's raining outside"
(and it NEVER rains, so it's exciting for me to put on boots and sweaters, sad, I know)
J: "no, no more rain"
Me: "you aren't allowed to wear flip flops to school"
J: "no more rain"
BUT she conceded and let me put real shoes on her, but that's it. No bow, no brush, no nothing else. I didn't feel like arguing and since she always comes home with paint all over her, what does it really matter? Needless to say, brushing her hair didn't happen- and I should mention that she has the cutest curls, but they can get super frizzy- that's kinda how it was. Sometimes you need to pick your battles. I was focused on getting her to school, doing a little housework and picking her up all ready to drive south to the parents house for the afternoon/dinner.
(Don't worry, I was going to bring a change of clothes and a brush).
I finally get her to her classroom (remember this whole time I'm holding a 2.5 month old) and the teacher says
"um, you remember it's picture day today?"
WHAT???
My young self was tisk tisking all the way back from 2nd grade when I used to plan out my picture day outfits and practice doing my hair.
My poor little Josie, she's going to look like a lost little poodle in her first EVER school pic.
Alas, sigh...well make it up on the spring pics. I'm talking getting a blow out and a brand new outfit. maybe a little blush if I can make it look natural. just kidding, not really. cheers
No comments:
Post a Comment