So, hi there. Not sure. where.to.start. I started looking for blogs last week about motherhood and all the funness that comes with it. I mean, you just have to laugh at some of this stuff. And then I started thinking that I should write one...like I have an extra second in my day. :) Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I'm a SAHM with two little girls-- all I really have to do is keep the house clean and make some dinner, right? But some days, I'm just not sure what happened or how it's possible that so much dust can accumulate...when did I dust last? Anyway, so ever since I started thinking that I should start a blog, I've been thinking in "blog". Like when my MIL made that weird comment "I should do a blog on that" or when the lady at Traders tried to cut in line for the bathroom (really?) "I should blog about that too". So here I sit, with so many good ideas. hmmmm.
I think I should give some more background about myself. I grew up in a small (and I mean small) town in San Diego. I am the oldest of seven children and so when I went away for college, I only went to San Diego -a decision I partly regret- but that's abfat (another blog for another time). I mean, my youngest sister was only five when I packed up my little Chevy Cavalier and drove 45 mins south. I told myself I would visit a lot so I wouldn't miss out on her growing up, but then college was too fun and I really only came home for the holidays, so I might've well have been going to college in New York (where I wish I'd gone- or somewhere back east). Back to the family, so there's me- big, bad, bossy, Big Sis and then my sister, followed by four boys and finished off with a little girl.
After college (instead of moving to a big city) I moved with a college friend up to her hometown, Newport Beach. By this time, I was already dating my husband, but we weren't super serious (as I wasn't/hadn't been super serious with anyone) but then we got super serious...and five years later, we got married in Kauai.
Since then we had Josie and now Gianna. (more about the Italian names later). I'll be posting cute pics of my girls, I can't help it--so darn adorable and look back at some funny, some serious things that've happened. I'm not afraid to write about how marriage can be hard sometimes or how sometimes the time away from my girls is THE BEST. Everyone needs a break now and then. I believe we should enjoy life and laugh as much as possible and not waste time worrying about what other people think- even if that means having one too many glasses of wine occassionally (or as often as possible). I'm excited to write about so many things...this blog is going to be my free therapy..enjoy. So, cheers for now...
I think I should give some more background about myself. I grew up in a small (and I mean small) town in San Diego. I am the oldest of seven children and so when I went away for college, I only went to San Diego -a decision I partly regret- but that's abfat (another blog for another time). I mean, my youngest sister was only five when I packed up my little Chevy Cavalier and drove 45 mins south. I told myself I would visit a lot so I wouldn't miss out on her growing up, but then college was too fun and I really only came home for the holidays, so I might've well have been going to college in New York (where I wish I'd gone- or somewhere back east). Back to the family, so there's me- big, bad, bossy, Big Sis and then my sister, followed by four boys and finished off with a little girl.
After college (instead of moving to a big city) I moved with a college friend up to her hometown, Newport Beach. By this time, I was already dating my husband, but we weren't super serious (as I wasn't/hadn't been super serious with anyone) but then we got super serious...and five years later, we got married in Kauai.
Since then we had Josie and now Gianna. (more about the Italian names later). I'll be posting cute pics of my girls, I can't help it--so darn adorable and look back at some funny, some serious things that've happened. I'm not afraid to write about how marriage can be hard sometimes or how sometimes the time away from my girls is THE BEST. Everyone needs a break now and then. I believe we should enjoy life and laugh as much as possible and not waste time worrying about what other people think- even if that means having one too many glasses of wine occassionally (or as often as possible). I'm excited to write about so many things...this blog is going to be my free therapy..enjoy. So, cheers for now...


No comments:
Post a Comment